Pages

2.01.2011

The beat down of prayer


And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, ‘Give me justice against my adversary.’ For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, ‘Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.’” Luke 18:2-5

Do we pray with real need? Do we pray with impudence? Do we pray to the extent that we are beating the ears of God with our continual comings?

An essential characteristic of biblical prayer is persistence. If a widow who was disrespected and looked down upon by an unrighteous judge can receive her request through her persistence, how much more will God give justice to his saints, the elect?

Let God find us drumming his ears with expectant, faithful hearts at his coming. And he will give us justice.

3 comments:

  1. Great first post of the year! Looking forward to more. And more hymns! Love reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great title. Keep writing brother! pdb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Those words mean alot; they help me keep writing!

    ReplyDelete