Pages

9.10.2011

A Prayer Adapted from Psalm 102


Hear my prayer, O Lord, let my cry come to you!
Don’t hide from me when I am in distress!
Listen to me and answer me quickly when I call!

My days pass away like smoke – the time flies away from me.
I am heartsick and struck down; so very weak.
I lie awake at night; I am like one alone in the desert.
My tears mix with my food and drink,
Because you picked me up and threw me down.
O God, I am ruined if you are angry with me!
And my days fade away like an evening shadow.

My life is short, but you, O Yahweh, are enthroned forever.
Every generation remembers you.
You will rise up and take action – the time has come,
You will have pity on your people.
You will show us favor.
We are clinging to you, O God, our rock.
You build us up; you appear in the glory of Jesus.
You regard the prayer of the destitute and do not despise their prayer.

Let this be recorded for a generation to come,
So that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD:

You looked down from your holy throne in heaven,
To hear the groans of the prisoners,
To set free those who were doomed to die,
So that they may declare the name of Jesus,
And worship the Lord.

But God has broken my strength and shortened my life.

O my God, don’t cut my life even shorter,
You who live through all generations!

Long ago, you built the earth,
You made the skies and the galaxies with your hands.
The earth and the stars will die,
But you will remain.
You will change them like a change of clothes,
This creation will pass away.
But you are the same; your years have no end.

Our future dwells secure in you, Eternal God.
You hold together every generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment