Pages

7.28.2008

Tell me are you free?

Well here I am in Lima, Peru. Viva la Peru! It is their independence day today. I just am finishing up with the longest missions trip I have been on so far in my life. I guess you could consider life itself a missions trip in a way if you think about it. What more can you have once you have Christ? I was reading Ephesians 1 earlier today and although as I read through the Bible this summer I saw many things proclaiming how great God´s mercy is on us and how he lavishes it on all those who he loves, I really came to appreciate this reiteration of God´s love and sacrifice for us in that chapter. As Psalm 146 (or 136, I might be completely off) says ¨Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his steadfast love endures forever.¨

Matt and I this summer talked a lot. We, overall, were quite hilarious. It was a very good summer. I do wonder, as I have before, when (if) I will find the girl I am to marry. Hmm. That´s all I have to say about that.

So I am going to go find some food right now, probably some ceviche which is raw fish ¨cooked¨ in lime and lemon juice. It is pretty good. If you are a fan of sushi and ever have a chance to try it, do it. Later I am going to a debriefing for the summer and then flying to Cusco to got to Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world (I think).

Hello and goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment