Pages

8.01.2008

...these mountains will move themselves...

So here I am in the middle of the Andes MontaƱas (Mountains) in the ancient capital city of the Incans, Cusco. It is a nice city, most of the streets are one way, paved with bricks, and covered with a constant flock of people. The hustle and bustle of a relatively large Peruvian city is nice, that should prepare me for my short stay in NYC.

This summer has been quite an experience. I got to see many people come to know Christ and see some people´s lives turned around bigtime. Mine included. I am never good at putting those kind of things into words, give me a few months and it will be better, but I will try anyways.

So this summer I realized that as much as I don´t want to put forth the full effort at times, God is to be strived for with everything we have and everything we are at all times. We Christians must pray and share the Gospel with the lost. How can we not? It is to ignore the main plan of God! I speak only in terms of one who is preaching, but Christians: we are already safe in the arms of the Father. For what reason should we not pray first and foremost for the lost who are currently, right now, trapped and enslaved in their sin and under the rule of Satan? For what reason should we not tell them, at any cost, the good news and salvation that is in Christ Jesus? How is it that we live idle and go among and only perhaps share the Gospel with people perhaps when they ask us bluntly about it? I speak to myself as much as I am to all who are reading this. As for ourselves, what is our reason for not spending time with the creator of the universe daily? Jesus calls us to take up our crosses daily and follow him. How can we follow him if we do not know him? Can one blind man lead another? I ask that with a dual purpose. How can we follow the straight and narrow path God has set before us and how can we lead others on that path if we do not see the one who is lighting it? Does not the Psalmist say that his word is a lamp to our feet and a light unto our path? The Word brings us closer to God! How many revelations have I received from simple and convicting words from the Bible? Inummerable. Also, what wisdom and revalation can we receive from God if we are not communicating with Him? I am afraid to answer that. At times when I have not prayed in a while, it might be a day, and hour, or a few days, when I close my eyes and talk with the Father, the one who made me and gave me everything I have, I find peace and joy. Let this be an exhoration to your life and mine.

Wow that seemed preachy. I guess I was talking to myself really. That is what I learned this summer, more or less.

No comments:

Post a Comment