95 theses for the American Church (an ode to the original 95 theses).
- 10. The aim of devotion to Scripture is our transformation, not merely our information
- 18. The American Christian has forgotten how to pray.
- 25. The legacy of license, corruption, and theological superficiality in the modernist church suffocates community by affirming the Self and its prerogatives as the Christian's real gods.
- 31. Christian community ought to be oriented around the treasure of the gospel and purposed around the proclamation of the kingdom.
- 46. The American Church loves the spirit of the age and idolizes relevancy.
- 24. The legacy of legalism, gossip, condemnation, and bigotry in the fundamentalist church suffocates community by removing the gospel-honoring security of bold confession and relational authenticity.
- 57. The tide can turn in American evangelicalism if we will return to our first love.
- 62. The pastors of the churches in American have ceased serving as their church's resident theologian.