Pages

11.26.2009

you might call it a good thanksgiving.

First things first. Here is a link to an awesome little interview / blog post i read about productivity. If you are a human being and you do anything i suggest that you might read this. especially pertinent to people who tend to get overwhelmed by work. The title of the article is you don't have to be productive. Hopefully my reading of this article will spark properly motivated and executed productivity in my life.

Went to my grandmother's house today for thanksgiving. She has really bad Alzheimer's. I don't really know how to feel in situations like that. To see a human being who really has no clue what is going on and cannot physically walk makes me feel strange. I really don't know how to feel. I am saddened by her suffering. My chief concern is really how can the Gospel be communicated to people without the mental capacity to comprehend it? She once had mental capacity to function in a "normal" manner. I am in the dark on this issue. What will happen to her? I do not know. I see her sitting on the couch, unable to communicate, occasionally softly muttering a song of days long past, unconscious of the world around her. She doesn't have long to live. I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment