Pages

4.21.2011

Daily Gospel: 4/21/11

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
 - Psalm 100

I was brought back to Psalm 100 by this post over at The Resurgence. I had always read Psalm 100 mainly as a call to serve and worship God, but I am seeing how this Psalm can greatly soothe the doubting heart. Yahweh is God. Jesus is God. Know this. This is a fact. No questioning about it, God is God. He made all of humanity, all the creation. Moreso, he owns us, not as mere trinkets, but as cared and loved sheep. We, the redeemed Church of God, are especially cared for in his mysterious electing grace. Take comfort in this. I know it helps me. It puts ballast in the shaky boat of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment