Pages

5.17.2011

Daily Gospel: 5/17/11

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness;
when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.
 - Psalm 17:15

From my interpretation of Psalm 17, David is contrasting beholding God's face in righteousness and being satisfied with the earthly abundance and happiness that the wicked enjoy (17:4). The one who finds his satisfaction in God is directly contrasted with those "whose portion is in this life" (17:4).

I'm writing to myself here - let's not find our portion in this world for "the world is passing away along with desires". All Christian hope (in the biblical meaning, not the anxious 21st-century "hope") is to be directed heavenward. All future longings and fuel for present living is to come from seeking "the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God" (Col. 3:1).

Those are just some things I am learning, the application is yours to discern.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on "hope" - as a noun in Scripture, it is nearly synonymous with "faith".

    ReplyDelete