Pages

6.06.2011

Daily Gospel: God's "Yes" to us in Christ

In Galatians 3:29 (RSV) Paul wrote, "If you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise" (see Ephesians 3:6; Galatians 3:14, 22; Hebrews 9:15). All the promises of God for the good of his people are in Christ. He confirms them and secures them and purchases them for all who "are Christ's" - for all who believe and belong to him (Galatians 3:22). Every sinner who comes to God in Christ, with all his needs, finds God coming to him in Christ, with all his promises. When a sinful person meets the holy God in Christ what he hears is Yes. God, do you love me? Yes. Will you forgive me? Yes. Will you accept me? Yes. Will you help me change? Yes. Will you give me power to serve you? Yes. Will you keep me? Yes. Will you show me your glory? Yes.
 - John Piper, Future Grace, p. 105

No comments:

Post a Comment