Pages

9.30.2010

Will you be a Christian tomorrow?

Ask yourself the question, “why should you wake up believing in the morning?” Most of you right now believe. If someone forced you to choose you would say, “Christ is my Lord, my Savior. I trust him. I stake my life on him.” Why should it be that way tomorrow morning? Why shouldn’t you get up tomorrow morning and realize, “I don’t believe anymore at all. I don’t want to yield to him as Lord, I don’t want to commit to him, I don’t want to embrace him as my savior.” Why? If you say that the ultimate answer to that question is your sovereign free will, you’re standing on very shaky ground. The ultimate answer to that question is: God is faithful. "He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."  (Philippians 1:6) God is faithful. This is the only hope that tomorrow morning that I will be a believer like I was this morning.
 - John Piper, quoted from TULIP: The Pursuit of God’s Glory in Salvation DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment