Pages

8.01.2011

You can't do it

Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
- Augustus Toplady

You can't save yourself from your sins. You simply - and completely - lack the ability to stand before God as one acceptable to him. Thank our God for Jesus. Take some time and think about this. Even the good I do, which is little, can not save me. I am in the dark apart from God.

And then let the gospel build you up. Jesus alone is able to save me from my sins. He loves me and proved this when he died on that cross, where I should have died. "Fully atoned for" is now the banner under which I stand. Jesus came to save his people and this he accomplished. It is finished.
Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
- Psalm 32:1

No comments:

Post a Comment